Blind Wine Tasting Classes
Held on the first Tuesday of each month from 6-7pm, this hour long class will help you understand what goes into blind tasting wines.
Learn about the magic of blind tasting in this hour long Blind Wine Tasting Lesson. We will help you develop a grid to run the wine through to help you figure out more about what varietal it may be, where it may be from, the alcohol content, how old it may be, how much oak the wine has seen, and much more. Learn tools that will impress your friends the next time you get together for a glass of wine. This class is great for date night, girls night out, or friends just wanting to learn more about wine tasting.
What can you know about a wine just by looking?
- What does the color say about the grape?
- How old may the wine be?
- Has it seen oak? How long?
- Roughly what %ABV is it?
What can you learn about a wine by just smelling?
- What primary fruit characteristics are smelling?
- Are there any earthy or mineral characteristics?
- Are there signs that this wine has seen oak?
What can you learn about a wine by just tasting?
- What is the acidity level present?
- Any residual sweetness?
- Where may this wine be from?
- What varietal may this be?